orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Yurui Zhou" <yurui....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject [DISCUSS][C++] Add Support For INT/BYTE vector batch
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2019 02:42:40 GMT
Hi guys:

Currently ORC have LongVectorBatch as the only representation for primitive integer types
like boolean, byte, int and long.  This is not very benefitial for memory usage and computation
efficiency. I would like to introduce INT and BYTE vector batch in ORC C++ version  for types
like boolean, byte and int to improve the memory efficiency. This change would also potential
benefits for data consumer  in case of SIMD computation.
Let me know if you have any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks
Yurui

from Alimail macOS