orc-dev mailing list archives

From Xiening Dai <xndai....@live.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][C++] Add Support For INT/BYTE vector batch
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:47:29 GMT
Sounds like a good idea. Should we do the same for Java reader, Owen?

> On Mar 28, 2019, at 8:50 PM, Yurui Zhou <yurui.zyr@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys:
>
> Currently ORC have LongVectorBatch as the only representation for primitive integer types
like boolean, byte, int and long.  This is not very benefitial for memory usage and computation
efficiency. I would like to introduce INT and BYTE vector batch in ORC C++ version  for types
like boolean, byte and int to improve the memory efficiency. This change would also potential
benefits for data consumer  in case of SIMD computation.