orc-dev mailing list archives

From Xiening Dai <xndai....@live.com>
Subject Re: Zstd decoder support
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 18:42:09 GMT
Hi Dain,

Do you have a roughly timeline regarding when the Java zstd compressor will be available?
Thanks.

> On May 7, 2018, at 12:34 PM, Dain Sundstrom <dain@iq80.com> wrote:
>
> The fixes are released in v0.11
>
> -dain
>
>> On May 6, 2018, at 9:36 PM, Xiening Dai <xndai.git@live.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for clarification. It makes sense to wait for your fixes. Thx.

>>> The bugs were in the Java implementation.  IIRC there were two problems.  In
v0.10, we added support for zstd concatenated frames, and it had a rare buffer overrun problem.
 The second problem has been around since the beginning.  When the file contains checksums
they weren’t being validated correctly.  We missed this one because the default native implementation
was not adding checksums so the code wasn’t actually being tested.