orc-dev mailing list archives

From Xiening Dai <xndai....@live.com>
Subject Zstd decoder support
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 18:19:22 GMT
Hi all,

I think the major reason that we don’t support zstd compressor today is that there’s no
native java library currently. But I do see a java decompressor in presto code base -

https://github.com/prestodb/presto/blob/8f4e5bb9340890f01291ee1b777a1b2b921a90c4/presto-orc/src/main/java/com/facebook/presto/orc/zstd/ZstdDecompressor.java

I wonder if we can just integrate this so at least we have the decompress ability. I believe
this is valuable as there are Orc files compressed in zstd, including some presto workload,
and some of the workload in our installation (generated by c++ writer with zstd compression).