orc-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Zstd decoder support
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 19:49:34 GMT
The maintained location (and the version we use in prod) is: https://github.com/airlift/aircompressor/tree/master/src/main/java/io/airlift/compress/zstd

We plan on writing the compressor soon as we need it for our production systems.

BTW we are about to do a release that fixes a bug with zstd.

-dain

> On May 4, 2018, at 11:19 AM, Xiening Dai <xndai.git@live.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I think the major reason that we don’t support zstd compressor today is that there’s
no native java library currently. But I do see a java decompressor in presto code base -

> https://github.com/prestodb/presto/blob/8f4e5bb9340890f01291ee1b777a1b2b921a90c4/presto-orc/src/main/java/com/facebook/presto/orc/zstd/ZstdDecompressor.java
>
> I wonder if we can just integrate this so at least we have the decompress ability. I
believe this is valuable as there are Orc files compressed in zstd, including some presto
workload, and some of the workload in our installation (generated by c++ writer with zstd
compression).