orc-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Zstd decoder support
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 18:47:04 GMT
Our expectation is maybe in a quarter.

-dain

> On May 17, 2018, at 11:42 AM, Xiening Dai <xndai.git@live.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dain,
>
> Do you have a roughly timeline regarding when the Java zstd compressor will be available?
Thanks.

>> On May 7, 2018, at 12:34 PM, Dain Sundstrom <dain@iq80.com> wrote:
>>
>> The fixes are released in v0.11
>>
>> -dain
>>
>>> On May 6, 2018, at 9:36 PM, Xiening Dai <xndai.git@live.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for clarification. It makes sense to wait for your fixes. Thx.

 In v0.10, we added support for zstd concatenated frames, and it had a rare buffer overrun
problem.  The second problem has been around since the beginning.  When the file contains
checksums they weren’t being validated correctly.  We missed this one because the default
native implementation was not adding checksums so the code wasn’t actually being tested.