orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject Alternatives to JMH for the benchmarking code
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2018 15:52:35 GMT
All,

   In my board report, I included that we removed the benchmarking code
because of the dependency on JMH, which is unfortunately released under the
GPL.

  Isabel, who is on the board, asked if there were alternatives to JMH that
aren't GPL. In my looking, I didn't find any that integrate as nicely in to
the JVM. (JMH is written and maintained by the OpenJDK team, which both
explains its tight integration and release under the GPL.) The only close
alternative that I found was a tool from Google for Android -
https://github.com/google/caliper . But it looks pretty tightly tied to the
Android platform.

  Does anyone know of any good alternatives to JMH that are Apache License
compatible?

..Owen