orc-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <j.prasant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RLEv1 versus RLEv2
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 08:44:55 GMT
Hi

You can find more information about performance here
https://speakerdeck.com/prasanthj/orc-2015-faster-better-smaller?slide=10

Original JIRA has more initial performance numbers
https://issues-test.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4123

As you can see from the slides, several performance improvements went it
later on. Also the slides were prepared in 2015 after which more perf
improvements went in. I don't think anyone benchmarked RLEv1 vs RLEv2 after
the initial perf tests.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasanth Jayachandran