orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRAFT][REPORT] Apache ORC - July 2017
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 21:28:37 GMT
 - A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - A presentation on "ORC File - Optimizing Your Big Data" was given at the
Dataworks
   Summit in San Jose.
 - Alibaba is contributing a C++ ORC file writer, which is a very welcome
contribution.

## Health report:
 -  Unfortunately, the C++ code reviews have been going slower than we
would like.
    The combination of summer vacations, the small pool of ORC committers
that feel
    comfortable reviewing the C++ code, and the influx of C++ from Alibaba
have lead to
    longer review cycles. Clearly we need more committers on the C++ side
of the house.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 7 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Gopal Vijayaraghavan on Sun Jan 08 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 36 committers.
 - Deepak Majeti was added as a committer on Tue May 09 2017

## Releases:

 - 1.4.0 was released on Sun May 07 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - We've seen a large uptick in developer activity, which is great to see.
A lot

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org: