orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Quarterly ORC report to Apache Board
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 14:34:34 GMT
All,
   We owe the Apache Board our quarterly report this month. Here is my
current version. Please provide any feedback.

Thanks,
  Owen

Attachment AU: Report from the Apache ORC Project  [Owen O'Malley]

A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - Hive's master branch has moved over to the ORC project's artifacts.
 - There was a talk at Hadoop Summit Munich about our file format benchmark
   comparing size and speed of Avro, Json, ORC, and Parquet.

## Health report:
 - We are doing well and are actively encouraging the new contributors
   towards becoming committers.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 7 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Gopal Vijayaraghavan on Sun Jan 08 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 35 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Carl Steinbach was added as a committer on Mon Jan 30 2017
    - Jimmy Xiang was added as a committer on Mon Jan 30 2017
    - Naveen Gangam was added as a committer on Fri Feb 17 2017

## Releases:

 - 1.3.0 was released on Sun Jan 22 2017
 - 1.3.1 was released on Thu Feb 02 2017
 - 1.3.2 was released on Sun Feb 12 2017
 - 1.3.3 was released on Mon Feb 20 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - Now that the code base has completely moved from Hive, we are
   seeing a significant upswing in activity.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: