orc-dev mailing list archives

From Lawan Subba <lawansubba.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject ORC Stripe Skip Using Stripe Level Index
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:06:43 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my previous email. This is the full email.

I was looking at ORC to see how the indices were being used.

According to the docs, there are 3 indices: file level, stripe level and
row level(10000)

And, this page at https://orc.apache.org/docs/indexes.html states that

The indexes at all levels are used by the reader using Search ARGuments or
SARGs, which are simplified expressions that restrict the rows that are of
interest.

I can see that row indices are being used to select only rowgroups that
satisfy a search predicate in

https://github.com/apache/orc/blob/master/java/core/src/
java/org/apache/orc/impl/RecordReaderImpl.java

Line: 763

But, I cannot find where and if the stripe level indices are being used?

If anybody could point me to the right code file or any documentation, that
would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lawan Subba