orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Should we release ORC 1.3.0rc0?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 00:08:39 GMT
All,
   We've added some new features and I'd like to get them released. Most
critical is that we create a release that is a superset of the Hive ORC so
that we can can replace it our artifact.

Added features and fixes:
* ORC-58 Split C++ Reader into Reader and RowReader
* ORC-106 Add ORC scanner
* ORC-109 fix pom issues
* ORC-119 add PhysicalWriter API
* ORC-120 add backward compatibility mode for schema evolution
* ORC-122, ORC-123 Fix memory leaks in C++
* ORC-124 port HIVE-15335 fast decimal
* ORC-125 fix writer version to properly use future
* ORC-126 remove our fork of storage-api
* ORC-127 fix Coverity report in C++
* ORC-128 add ability to get statistics from writer
* ORC-129 clean up C++ RowReader API

Artifacts: http://home.apache.org/~omalley/orc-1.3.0rc0/
git tag: https://github.com/apache/orc/releases/tag/release-1.3.0rc0

Thanks,