orc-dev mailing list archives

From Jae Young Do <ja...@microsoft.com>
Subject C++ ORC Reader
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 23:37:47 GMT
Hello,

My name is Jae Do from Microsoft Research. As a part of our ongoing project, we'd like to
use the C++ (not JAVA) ORC reader with HIVE.
Here're some questions we have at this point:

1.       I know that HIVE officially uses the JAVA ORC reader. Is there any forked version
of HIVE to use the C++ ORC reader? If not, how difficult would it be to modify HIVE to use
the C++ ORC reader? Any comment would be appreciated.

2.       Also I'd like to ask the progress about ORC-40 - Predicate push down for the C++
ORC reader<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-40>. What's the current status
of this issue? Is there anyone who is working on this?

Thank you!
Jae