orc-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth J <j.prasant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supported data types for predicate pushdown
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:02:03 GMT
No support for binary and complex types yet. Date and timestamp should work.
The way it works is for all supported data types min/max value is checked first.
If it returns true and if the bloom filter exists for that column type then bloom filter is
checked.
If min/max itself returns false we don’t check bloom filter.

Thanks
Prasanth