orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject ORC board report July 2016
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 17:52:09 GMT
Here is my proposed board report. Any suggestions?

 A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - The Java code in Hive was finally separated in to a stand alone module
   and copied over to the ORC project.
 - We've made the 1.1.0 release and two bug fix releases keeping
   synchronized with the Hive code base.
 - The HIVE-14007 jira for removing the hive-orc module from Hive is
   currently being reviewed.

## Health report:
 - We continue efforts to increase the size and diversity of the
   contributor base by encouraging people to contribute to the project.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 6 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Aliaksei Sandryhaila on Wed Nov 18 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 12 committers.
 - No new changes to the committer base since last report.

 - Last committer addition was in April 2015.

## Releases:

 - 1.1.0 was released on Fri Jun 10 2016
 - 1.1.1 was released on Mon Jun 13 2016
 - 1.1.2 was released on Sat Jul 09 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - With moving the Java code in, the development activity has
   increased dramatically.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org: