orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ORC 1.1.0 RC 1
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 19:34:32 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Chris Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org> wrote:

> Going through the Java dependencies, all the licensing looks good
> (tukaani:xz is public domain, Objenesis ASLv2, etc.).
>
> Should the storage API version be set as *-pre-orc? Just curious.
>     <storage-api.version>2.1.0-pre-orc</storage-api.version>

Yes, that is deliberate. The storage-api module is a mirror of the Hive
storage-api module on branch-2.1 and so the 2.1.0-pre-orc version string
was picked so that when Hive releases 2.1.0 maven will automatically pick
the 2.1.0 version.

> Built and ran tests for both C++/Java (all pass), NOTICE/LICENSE look
> good, except the NOTICE contains the following text:
> ----
> This product includes software developed by Hewlett-Packard:
> (c) Copyright [2014-2015] Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P
>
> This product includes software developed by Hortonworks:
> (c) Copyright [2014-2015] Hortonworks, Inc.
>
> The site formatting includes software developed by Tom Preston-Werner:
> (c) Copyright [2008-2015] Tom Preston-Werner
> ----
>
> Are there dependencies that require these? The docs for licensing [1]
> stipulate that the NOTICE should not contain any text not legally
> required.

I can remove the Hortonworks one, but the HP line was a condition imposed
by HP
before moving the C++ code into Apache. I'll file a jira to remove the
Hortonworks line.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-66

.. Owen