orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Example of Reading a ORC file
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 00:13:03 GMT
To do column projection, you need to specify an include array in the
options to Reader.rows. It looks like this:

Reader reader = OrcFile.createReader(new Path(filename), options);
TypeDescription schema = reader.getSchema();
boolean[] include = new boolean[schema.getMaximumId() + 1];

// select only the first column to read
TypeDescription col0 = schema.getChildren().get(0);
for(int c=col0.getId(); c <= col0.getMaximumId(); ++c) {
  include[c] = true;
}
RecordReader rows = reader.rows(new Reader.Options().include(include));

.. Owen