orc-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ORC 1.1.0 RC 1
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 17:57:39 GMT
Going through the Java dependencies, all the licensing looks good
(tukaani:xz is public domain, Objenesis ASLv2, etc.).

Should the storage API version be set as *-pre-orc? Just curious.
    <storage-api.version>2.1.0-pre-orc</storage-api.version>

Built and ran tests for both C++/Java (all pass), NOTICE/LICENSE look
good, except the NOTICE contains the following text:
----
This product includes software developed by Hewlett-Packard:
(c) Copyright [2014-2015] Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P

This product includes software developed by Hortonworks:
(c) Copyright [2014-2015] Hortonworks, Inc.

The site formatting includes software developed by Tom Preston-Werner:
(c) Copyright [2008-2015] Tom Preston-Werner
----

Are there dependencies that require these? The docs for licensing [1]
stipulate that the NOTICE should not contain any text not legally
required. -C

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Matt Burgess <mattyb149@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am out of town through Sunday so I won't be able to give the RC a try before the vote
closes, but I've had a good experience with the snapshot so far (the Java part) so I'm looking
forward to the release!

> One thing I did see, but couldn't characterize enough to file a Jira, was the setting
of a null value into a union column. While the isNull entry appeared to be set correctly in
memory, when i wrote the file then read it back in, the isNull entry was false (when it was
true right before writing). I will dig in when I get back; so far all observed errors have
been my own :)