orc-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release planning
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 22:20:15 GMT
So the plan is:
1) Hive team doesn’t add any patches until step 3 below is completed.
2) ORC releases Hive 1.1.1 with delta patch(es) between ORC 1.1.0 and Hive master.
3) You commit a patch to Hive master ripping out ORC and setting their pom file to fetch ORC
1.1.1.

Is that correct?  Sounds rational.  We should act as quickly as possible to minimize the lock-out
time on the Hive team.

Alan.