orc-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <j.prasant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ORC vs Hive ORC libraries
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:17:10 GMT
Hi Kavinder
There is a patch already that removes Orc from Hive and another one that makes Hive depend
on Orc 1.1.1 release version. Orc will be removed from Hive soon.

Thanks
Prasanth

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM -0700, "Kavinder Dhaliwal" <kavinderd@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on a project that is using the Hive ORC Api for reading files
and I'd like to know going forward whether the two libraries will mirror
each others functionality or whether the Hive ORC API will be deprecated in
favor of using the Apache ORC one? My understanding is that Hive will
eventually use the Apache ORC library for its own purposes but am not
entirely sure

Thanks,
Kavinder