orc-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ORC 1.1.0 RC 1
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 22:54:54 GMT
I am out of town through Sunday so I won't be able to give the RC a try before the vote closes,
but I've had a good experience with the snapshot so far (the Java part) so I'm looking forward
to the release!

One thing I did see, but couldn't characterize enough to file a Jira, was the setting of a
null value into a union column. While the isNull entry appeared to be set correctly in memory,
when i wrote the file then read it back in, the isNull entry was false (when it was true right
before writing). I will dig in when I get back; so far all observed errors have been my own
:)

Regards,
Matt