orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject ORC Board Report for April 2016
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:26:08 GMT
All,
   Here is the ORC board report for April, please give me any feedback
today.

Thanks,
   Owen

 A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - After the last board report, it was suggested that we go ahead and make
   a release of the C++ code without waiting for the Java to be separated
   out of Hive. The C++ code was released as 1.0.0 in January.
 - We're about to create a first pull request for ORC-1, which is the import
   of the Java code from Hive. We plan to make a 1.1 release soon after the
   code is pulled in to ORC.

## Health report:
 - The project has been relatively quiet. Getting the Java reader and writer
   released will enable projects such as Spark to import a much smaller set
   of dependencies when they use ORC.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 6 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Aliaksei Sandryhaila on Wed Nov 18 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 12 committers.
 - No new changes to the committer base since last report.

 - Last committer addition was more than 2 years ago

## Releases:

 - 1.0.0 was released on Mon Jan 25 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - The mailing lists have been relatively quiet during this quarter.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: