orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Make ORC release without the Java code
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:49:10 GMT
Ok, based on your feedback, I'd like to make a release with just the C++
code. I'll volunteer as Release Manager. A couple of questions:

   1.  Which number should we use? I'd propose 1.0.0.
   2. Any blocker bugs? I'm going to tackle ORC-8 today because I believe
   it is a blocker not supporting compression in the file-metadata command.

Let's aim for a quick turn around and get a release candidate on Monday.

Thoughts?
   Owen