openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Michele Sciabarra" <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk as a single docker image?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2019 13:55:21 GMT
I did some experimentations with the docker in docker and ultimately I am convinced it is actually
better just to use the jar. I would then suggest to distribute at least the precompiled jar
instead of requiring to compile by himself.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com>
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenWhisk as a single docker image?
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:00 AM

Running standalone logic within a Docker would be tricky as there is quite
a bit of logic involved to use the right IP for inter docker communications
specially in Kafka and Api Gateway part.

Hence currently we expect that to use standalone the user has at minimum
JDK + Docker on the host

Chetan Mehrotra