openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk as a single docker image?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:02:33 GMT
+1 The jar can be build and made available as a nightly/dev artifact for quick development
and testing purposes for convenience.

Then provide the one liner command to get up and running, assuming jre and docker is present
:-)

The jar can’t and should not be distributed as part of an Apache release.

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr

> On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:55 AM, Michele Sciabarra <michele@sciabarra.com> wrote:
>
> I did some experimentations with the docker in docker and ultimately I am convinced
it is actually better just to use the jar. I would then suggest to distribute at least the
precompiled jar instead of requiring to compile by himself.