openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [DISCUSS}: release "cli group" of projects
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 14:23:27 GMT

I'd like to make a release of the 3 "cli group" projects:
openwhisk-client-go, openwhisk-wskdeploy, openwhisk-cli.

The main motivation is to pick up the fix for a bug [1] in wskdeploy, which
causes the `wsk project` subcommand to crash in some common usage scenarios
in the 0.10.0 release.

It looks to me like the current master branch is stable with no pending PRs
that need to be merged.  If I missed something, please comment on this
thread.

One item for discussion is whether we should number this release as 0.11.0
or go ahead and call it 1.0.0.   To me it seems like the cli api is fairly
stable, so going to a 1.x.y numbering seems plausible.  But I don't work on
the cli tools, so I might be overlooking a reason to stay with a 0.x
number.

thanks,

--dave

[1] https://github.com/apache/openwhisk-wskdeploy/issues/1050