openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using private registry with KubernetesContainerFactory
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 22:28:50 GMT

Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote on 09/09/2019 07:25:18
AM:

> Is it possible to configure KubernetesContainerFactory to use runtime
> images from private registry.
>
> From the pod spec it creates [1] I do not see any support for
> configuring ImagePullSecrets

This is a gap.

The Helm chart will take the values from docker.registry.* and create an
imagePullSecret.

We use this secret to do the initial pull of runtime images with
DockerContainerFactory.

At first glance (a) we aren't properly configuring the invoker +
DockerContainerFactory with this secret if we need to repull the image
(gets pushed out of the cached images) and (b) we aren't configuring the
invoker + KubernetesContainerFactory to use this secret at all.

I think it should be relatively easy to add the missing pieces, but far as
I can tell it doesn't work today.

--dave