openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruediger Maass" <ruediger.ma...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Allow decision about action result inclusion in logs on a per call basis
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2019 08:05:32 GMT
correction of link to PR: https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4604

Thanks,
Ruediger Maass

From:   "Ruediger Maass" <ruediger.maass@de.ibm.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   03/09/2019 14:17
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Allow decision about action result inclusion in
logs on a per call basis

Action results may contain sensible data that should not be logged. There
is a system configuration flag (writeResultToFile) that can be used to
switch on or off the result inclusion in logs. But this is a global switch

that holds for all activations. In our case we want to able to decide per
activation whether or not the result should be included in the log or not.

In our special case we want results to be included in case of errors (in
other words, our predicate function for the decision is: 'Does the result
contain an error field?'). But also other decision logic may be
applicable.

This PR
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_openwhisk_pull_4604&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=X0kuppcoBkurjGK5dhY1vViAOVizrmBkK-unFKRbRys&m=Wttyhz_DMjCCAYqy53umN9iQodLtGUE4NiY8015VDmk&s=0o9HszBucMW5iVsbvZnx3QqnIvkB9mh_-tbR6aJxmmk&e=

 is a small change
that extends ActivationFileStorage.

Please help and comment on the PR.

Thank you, Ruediger