openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject testing activation polling on/off
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:35:11 GMT
When invoking an action, the controller waits on a promise of the result to
complete in one of two ways: active ack (response from the invoker) or from
the activations database. The latter is protected by a deployment flag and
may not be enabled. However our tests did not test for both cases: with
database polling and without.

I opened a PR to address this https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4623
As a side note, the PR also moves the time the controller waits before it
terminates the HTTP response to a deployment configuration. This has the
added benefit that some tests which took 1 minute each can now run with
custom time limits (which I set to a few seconds).

https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4623

-r