openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From dan McWeeney <mcwee...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Using private registry with KubernetesContainerFactory
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 14:32:47 GMT
Agree, I think the right thing to do here is adding a new ConfigMap which represents the "deployment"
that KCF does when it creates a new action container.

This should be a templated YAML file which is the kubernetes thing that will be installed
after being bound to some context object. We will need to define that context and publish
it so people know what is actually available from the invoker at that moment so they can use
those values in the template.

-d

On 2019-09-10 17:31:29-04:00 David P Grove wrote:

Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote on 09/10/2019 01:23:51
AM:
&gt;
&gt; May be we can change the current approach of building the whole Pod
&gt; spec prgramatically to more of a template based. Use a base yaml/json
&gt; template [1] (exposed as config) to the podSpec and then update it for
&gt; the dynamic part before sending it to Kube API Server.
&gt;
&gt; Then one can customize the template spec in any form (add image
&gt; secrets, custom labels, affinity etc)
&gt;

This makes sense to me.

--dave
</chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com>