openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Norris <tnor...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Backpressure for slow activation storage in Invoker
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:25:58 GMT

´╗┐On 9/16/19, 8:32 AM, "Chetan Mehrotra" <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Tyson,

    > in case of logs NOT in db: when queue full, publish non-blocking to "completed-non-blocking"

    The approach I was thinking was to completely disable (configurable)
    support for persisting activation from Invoker and instead handle all
    such work via activation persister service.

That sounds find. I thought there was a suggestion to try to optimize the storage path by
only diverting to kafka in case the memory queue is full. I agree it is simpler to treat everything
the same.

Thanks
Tyson