openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Feedback on Release Process Instructions
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2019 19:52:07 GMT

James Thomas <jthomas.uk@gmail.com> wrote on 08/01/2019 12:19:24 PM:

> - Step 4: CHANGELOG - Is a changelog in a project mandatory or just a
> nice to have?

I think nice to have.  The runtime projects tend to be good about this.
Other projects are more hit-or-miss.

> - Step 5: JIRA issues. Is a JIRA issue necessary?

No.  I will remove this.

> I've also opened an issue to create a "single release" script to cut
> out the need to run dozens of individual steps manually.

Agreed. I held off on doing this in the past because I was worried about
breaking the "automated" mode.

I have a rough idea of how to start on this, starting with introducing a
release-manager-config.json to capture some config settings that are
specific to the release manager's machine.

--dave