openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removing "projections" on web actions
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2019 13:29:39 GMT

I was never a fan of projections, very clever trick but the idea that an the path to an endpoint
was controlling a filter for the http response gives me the heebie-jeebies :-)

On the other side feels like a form of graphQL

From experience don’t do the feature flag, and don’t try to implement in another way.

If you want to invest effort instead show an example/lib of using whisk actions as front workers
for graphQL might be more useful similar to Cloudflare [1] when talking about projections
and filtering responses.

I like the idea of a cut off date. Do a /remind in Slack or a Whisk alarm trigger :-)

[1] https://developers.cloudflare.com/workers/templates/boilerplates/graphql/

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr