openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Publishing a pre-release version of Standalone OpenWhisk
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2019 11:57:53 GMT
Would it be useful to publish a pre-release version of Standalone
OpenWhisk to simplify trials of this mode by users until we do a
proper release of core repo?

Currently I have a task open (#4525) to publish nightly release to
Github org [1]. However based on some recent discussions I am not sure
if its fine to push such nightly releases in automated way via Travis.

Another option can be to push a snapshot build to Apache Maven repo
[3] via some Jenkins job. However this work may take some time as we
would need to upgrade Gradle to 5.x which has better Maven release
support and which we need for supporting JDK 11

So was thinking to manually publish a pre-release build at [2] based
on local build and eventually support publishing snapshot builds to
Apache Maven repo

Thoughts on what approach to take here?

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/4525