openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Henke <martin.he...@web.de>
Subject Re: removing "projections" on web actions
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2019 14:02:03 GMT

Rodric, Chetan, Carlos,

after checking our (IBM Functions) production logs we see minor usage of the projection feature
(.text and .json).

That means that we (IBM Functions) need to notify these customers  to make them adapt their
action code
and/or URLs to the removed feature.

I would like therefore ask either to guard the code removal with a feature flag,
 or to delay the projection code removal (best for another 3-4 month).

Regards,
Martin

P.S: Interesting side note:
Though projections on “.http” got removed two years ago, we confusingly saw A LOT calls
of the form "<action>.http/foo/bar”. Research showed that those customers are
accessing the “foo/bar” section of the path via the "message.__ow_path" property in their
action code
to be used as additional parameters.