openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Henke <martin.he...@web.de>
Subject Re: removing "projections" on web actions
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2019 18:34:37 GMT
Rodric, Carlos,

I am fine too with the cut of date on December 1st. This will allow us to deprecate this feature
in a coordinated way.

Thanks for your help,
Martin

> Am 31.08.2019 um 15:29 schrieb Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>:
>

> I was never a fan of projections, very clever trick but the idea that an the path to
an endpoint was controlling a filter for the http response gives me the heebie-jeebies :-)

> On the other side feels like a form of graphQL
>
> From experience don’t do the feature flag, and don’t try to implement in another
way.

> If you want to invest effort instead show an example/lib of using whisk actions as front
workers for graphQL might be more useful similar to Cloudflare [1] when talking about projections
and filtering responses.