openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: A clarification needed for the actionloop based runtimes
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2019 16:11:23 GMT

"Michele Sciabarra" <michele@sciabarra.com> wrote on 07/06/2019 07:30:59
AM:

> So currently the removal of the actionloop and actionloop-v2 base
> images worries me a bit.
>
> Ideally all the patches for all the runtimes that builds the
> actionloop from sources should be merge before the removal of the
> actionloop base image from Docker Hub

If there are reasons for keeping the docker hub repositories, there is no
rush to remove them.

The only time-sensitive aspect was to get our use of the `latest` tag into
compliance.  For all the runtime repositories, `latest` was just an alias
for a git-hash tagged image, so removing latest didn't actually remove any
images from dockerhub, just a second name for one image.

Sorry if this was not clear,

-dave