openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: devtools and make-quickstart
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2019 05:52:53 GMT
For switching to standalone jar we would first need to publish it
(#4525). Once we make it available for download somewhere we can then
guide users to download it from there

> I also like the standalone JAR. Should we consider adding to that the API
Management features made available through OW GW, or for that we should
keep the docker-compose route

If we would like to simplify the Api GW usage specially with
standalone case then we can possibly try adding some support for it
within standalone flow itself

1. Package the route management action zips in jar
2. Upon startup (say with -g flag) it would install the routes
3. It would then also spin up required containers like api gw, redis, minio?

So end user may just need to run with `-g` flag to get the gateway
functionality working.

Chetan Mehrotra