openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Kim <style9...@gmail.com>
Subject A direction to take in a new component, "the scheduler"
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:42:12 GMT
Recently I discussed the direction and a safe way to add a new component
with Sven Lange-Last.
Let me share the discussion results.
More feedbacks and critique are welcomed.

Since the implementation includes a breaking architectural change, it comes
with a risk.
It must not break any existing downstream system as well as the upstream
pipelines.
So all implementations should be disabled by default along with proper
switches.

The new change would require many iterations to become stable enough for a
production system.
It would be better to have a new separate (openwhisk) CI pipeline for the
changes.
All unit/system tests will only be executed on the new CI pipeline.

I will defer to Sven, he may add more comments.

Best regards
Dominic