openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing JavaScript SDK NPM Module Name: openwhisk => apache-openwhisk?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:05:24 GMT
The name with the dash looks nicer, agreed. In migrating from an old
package name to a new one where you already have existing users, I
haven't seen a solution to that myself quite yet, though I know that
Groovy has a similar problem where their packages are still published
under the `org.codehaus.groovy` group id instead of
`org.apache.groovy`. While Maven and NPM are quite different, the
method of migrating a package name is similarly not well-defined in
both systems.

Does anyone have more info about how NPM runs their repository? Maybe
they can add in some redirects of some sort.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>