openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking to contribute; which areas need some love?
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2019 19:02:51 GMT
Thanks for the link! That looks like an even easier way to support
CouchDB for sure. I'll play around with each option to see which makes
more sense to prototype.

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 at 13:41, Michele Sciabarra <michele@sciabarra.com> wrote:

> A critical aspect to consider is backup. There is an operator in the work (that is the
primary reason so far to use an external CouchDB) There is an operator in the work that may
be useful https://github.com/nicolai86/couchdb-operator

> --
>  Michele Sciabarra
>  michele@sciabarra.com

is to add support for clustered CouchDb in the helm chart. It is the only missing pieces to
allow for a true ‘production’ CouchDb. Kafka is already clustered, CouchDb is not. David
recommend to use an external one but it is not always an option when you have an internal
deployment for example.