openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject devtools and make-quickstart
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:14:37 GMT
this issue was opened against devtools and raises an important point:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-devtools/issues/273

"On a separate note, will these builds eventually be versioned or will they
continue to be tagged in a backwards incompatible way? I am trying to
create a build process that is deterministic and currently I am unable to
achieve this."

Given that we're pointing developer to make quick start still as the way to
startup and some of the dependence in this build on docker latest (now
nightly), I think we should pin all the dependent images etc and make a
release available.

An existential question is whether we should use the standalone controller
which is faster to startup and adapt our docs accordingly.

Thoughts?

-r