openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject API gateway Invalid URI "undefined/tenants"
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 20:45:12 GMT
Several openwhisk users recently have hit a bug using serverless framework
(sls) and openwhisk to deploy a function/api. I've hit the same bug when
using the standalone controller + api gateway.

The symptom is failure to create an API and this error:
Failed to deploy API Gateway route due to error: POST
https://<ip>:31001/api/v1/web/whisk.system/apimgmt/createApi.http
Returned HTTP 502 (Bad Gateway) --> "API creation failure: Unable to
configure the API Gateway: "Invalid URI \"undefined/tenants\"""

The issue is documented here
https://github.com/serverless/serverless-openwhisk/issues/103#issuecomment-503732524
and the workaround suggested there worked for me. It is to add

APIGW_ACCESS_TOKEN=APIGW_ACCESS_TOKEN

to the .wskprops file. This shouldn't be necessary - maybe someone else
knows why the workaround works or how to fix it properly in the gateway or
the route management packages.

-r