openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Michele Sciabarra" <mich...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Re: Looking to contribute; which areas need some love?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2019 18:20:46 GMT
In my opinion, given your experience with Kubernetes, a long needed feature is to add support
for clustered CouchDb in the helm chart. It is the only missing pieces to allow for a true
‘production’ CouchDb. Kafka is already clustered, CouchDb is not. David recommend to use
an external one but it is not always an option when you have an internal deployment for example.

--
 Michele Sciabarra
 michele@sciabarra.com

----- Original message -----
From: Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Subject: Looking to contribute; which areas need some love?
Date: Friday, July 19, 2019 7:10 PM

Hey all, I've been working on some other personal project the past few
weekends, but I've been itching to explore this project more and make
some code contributions. I see the main openwhisk repo is Scala/Akka
which is tech that I've used before. However, I'm also interested in
hearing which areas feel neglected right now and could use some
attention.

As a bonus, this can also start an idea of adding entries to
https://helpwanted.apache.org/ to recruit more contributors. I see
there's already some GSoC projects going on, so this is an additional
resource that can be useful here.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>