openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Re: our source releases do not include tests
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:42:32 GMT

Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com> wrote on 06/11/2019 04:59:41 AM:

> I’m not sure why we don’t include tests. I do remember this
> mentioned in the past I’ll see if I can find the discussion on the dev
list.

> -r

I backtracked via gitblame and it looks like tests were excluded, included,
and excluded again back in May of 2018.

I did not see any obvious thread on the dev list in May 2018.

Looking at the associated PRs and issues, the exclusion appears to have
been motivated by zip files, other binary data, and lack of license headers
in tests directories.

This could be entirely sensible, but perhaps we should be doing this on a
per-repository basis instead of as a default across all repos (not all
tests sub-directories contain problematic files).

We could also look into what it would take to properly document having some
binary artifacts as test inputs in a release.  I believe this is possible
with effort.

--dave