openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Re: Cleaning up old images on Docker Hub, help confirming candidates
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 04:45:37 GMT

Justin Mclean <jmclean@apache.org> wrote on 06/25/2019 04:37:37 PM:

> I see you marked the docker images as convenience binaries but they
> still seem to point to the latest code in the repos. Is this
> correct?  Convenience binaries need to be based on released versions
> of the source code. [1] I'd suggest you discuss this with your mentors.

We've already discussed that our current use of 'latest' is not the correct
end state [1].

We are working towards fixing it.   It will take time to percolate all of
the changes through the CI/CD setup across the many impacted github repos.

--dave

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/866d849f791e55ca883932cf1b3770e30239819cf7e902d0ebff9374@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E