openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Norris <tnor...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: exporting activation arguments to the environment
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2019 17:25:20 GMT
BTW, circling back on "can it be done just using -p in current form": I still like the idea
that:
- action configured params are different the user specified params (and we should only pass
them on init, not run)
- this is also a bigger convention change for action developers (read from env or context
instead of the single args object given to main)

But - *adding* the -e, instead of revising the meaning of -p does makes this a backwards compatible
change, so that's a good thing.

Thanks
Tyson