openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Openwhisk in a standalone runnable jar (#4516)
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:08:28 GMT
Hi Team,

At this stage the OpenWhisk Standalone jar works fine. So would like
to get it tried out in real world and for that need some volunteers!

You can follow the steps at
https://github.com/chetanmeh/incubator-openwhisk/releases/tag/v0.10
and download the jar and try out a hello world or better some complex
scenarios.

In brief following steps would be needed to run this locally on your systems.

$ wget https://github.com/chetanmeh/incubator-openwhisk/releases/download/v0.10/openwhisk-standalone.jar
$ java -jar openwhisk-standalone.jar
$ wsk property set --apihost 'http://localhost:3233' --auth
'23bc46b1-71f6-4ed5-8c54-816aa4f8c502:123zO3xZCLrMN6v2BKK1dXYFpXlPkccOFqm12CdAsMgRU4VrNZ9lyGVCGuMDGIwP'

Let me know your experience. If you face any issue or have some
feedback then please share that on this thread or at [1]. Also check
the Known Issues section at [2]

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4516
[2] https://github.com/chetanmeh/incubator-openwhisk/releases/tag/v0.10