openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Kim <style9...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oauth token verification in the controller
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 03:06:53 GMT
It might not be directly related to the agenda but one small thing to note
is the response time of the auth/authz server should be considered as well.
When I implemented LDAP integration, the LDAP server was too slow.
It took about 100ms ~ 1s to authenticate users.
Even though I took advantage of the cache, I could not reduce the cold
start(in terms of authentication) latency, and I had to drop the LDAP
integration in the end.
In my case, LDAP is legacy, I didn't have many choices.

So if the authentication backend is not fast as enough, you might need to
ponder some ways to overcome it.

Regards
Dominic

2019년 6월 24일 (월) 오전 1:56, Martin Henke <martin.henke@web.de>님이 작성: