openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Nominations for PMC Chair for TLP graduation resolution
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2019 10:14:45 GMT
On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 11:48 AM Justin Mclean <jmclean@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Just a reminder, the chair is not a leadership role, but it it more a secretarial
and admin role...

I was going to say that!

In extreme cases the chair might have to make decisions on behalf of
the PMC but in 19 years at Apache I don't remember this happening.

The chair's role is really one of liaison with the Board, as Justin says.

That doesn't mean it's not a cool role, but we shouldn't put a heavier
burden on their shoulders than this!

I support Rodric's nomination, and if there's a need note that we can
also discuss and vote on this on the private list if preferred (as
it's about people), and even use http://steve.apache.org/ for
anonymous voting if people think this is required. I don't, but wanted
to mention those options.

Also, I think it's good to rotate the chair's role regularly, so that
more people know how that works. So I'd suggest agreeing that this
nomination is for one year initially.

-Bertrand